Motorcycling NSW are now calling for nominations from within the community to join the Motorcycling NSW Sports Committees.
The Sports Committees play an integral role in the management and delivery of each discipline throughout the State. The Sports Committees make recommendations to the MNSW board on specific aspects of MNSW operations including the following; the conduct of various disciplines of motorcycle sport and recreation, whole of MNSW considerations including officials and coaching as well as any other purpose consistent with the MNSW objectives and MNSW principles.
Sports Committee positions will be appointed by the Board, these positions will serve 12-month tenure commencing August 1st 2022. Existing Members of the Sport Committees are eligible to nominate for re-appointment.
Nominations for each Sports Committee may be submitted by any member by the closing date for nominations (April 30).
These opportunities with the Sports Committees include the following disciplines;
- Dirt Track
- Enduro (includes Cross Country, Pony Express and Enduro Cross Events)
- Historic Road Race
- Motocross (includes Supercross)
- Road Race
- Moto Trials
In further detail the functions of the Motorcycling NSW Sports Committee are to;
- Make recommendations to the CEO regarding the formulation of the calendar, the approval of Supplementary Regulations, and the appointment of Stewards for meetings.
- Make recommendations to the CEO on any aspect of the conduct of motorcycle sport.
- Make recommendations to The Board for the alteration of By-Laws.
- Make recommendation of rules for the conduct of motorcycle sport, including track construction and machine eligibility.
- Select state representatives, teams and team managers
- Monitor the conduct of, and maintain point scores for State Championships.
- Maintain records of expenditure of funds as approved by the Board.
- Form sub-committees as they think fit to advise them, but not to assume any of the Committees powers.
- Exercise the functions of the SCB with regard to the eligibility of machines to compete in various classes of competition.
- Review proposed national rule changes and give recommendations to the MA Councillor via the MNSW Board.
Further details on each of the Sports Committees can be viewed with the at the MNNSW website inclusive of bylaws for each discipline.
The Motorcycling NSW Sports Committee will be supported by the Motorcycling NSW Board, Chief Executive Officer and relevant staff.
Nominees do not have to be a current Director/Committee Member on your Club Board.
Download: Sports Committees Nomination Form
Please send completed nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will close on April 30 2022 (5pm AEDST) and an announcement designating the committee will be made shortly thereafter.
Any questions in relation to the Sport Committees please contact Motorcycling NSW Chief Executive Officer, Daniel Rushworth via email@example.com