On Saturday 23rd October, the NSW Government announced a $25 million funding package for the Sport and Recreation sector as part of the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Strategy. We are confident this funding will support sporting organisations such as ours and our clubs with the return of community sport across our State.
The Sport and Recreation Recovery and Community Rebuild Package includes:
- Up to $12.5 million for grants of up to $1,000 to eligible clubs and associations;
- Up to $7.8 million to support sporting organisations and peak bodies;
- $3.1 million to support participation initiatives focused on areas most affected by restrictions, including south-western Sydney and regional NSW;
- Up to $1 million for grants to support marketing and promotional activities for outdoor and active recreation providers; and
- $600,000 to support regional talent pathways in the lead up to the Brisbane 2032 Olympics.
Sport NSW will work with the NSW Government to seek further information, including eligibility and how organisations can access the funding. This information will then be communicated to MNSW in due course and we shall share with our Members.
View the full announcement here